for future reference...
so last Monday appeared to me at the time to be a really bad day. however, after further evaluation it's clear to me that there was nothing that momentous in the days events. besides even though my life isn't idyllic at the moment there are many people in the world - probably even in the neighborhood - who have it a lot worse than I do. yes, even with all the crap going on around me I still lead a semi-charmed kinda life.
here are a few things I must keep in mind and am jotting down now for future reference...
- I have wonderful, supportive friends who care for me and express as much often
- My family - kooky as they are - loves me and cares about me
- I live in the most amazing city
- I really do enjoy time to myself
- My job is pretty stable, provides me with a good income and I'm respected by my peers
- One of my "developmentals" is that I sometimes care too much - just think if everyone had that "problem"
- I own my life and the choices I make - good, bad, whatever - they're mine; that puts me in control of my life
There are many, many reasons not listed here and perhaps I'll add to the list at some point. For now I reiterate to myself that the way I feel for the most part isn't a product of the things going on around me, the way I feel is a product of the attitude with which I choose to look at those things, the way I choose to react. Life isn't always easy and I'm not always going to react in the most positive way, but the sooner I can hit the reset button and get myself grounded again, the better off I'll be.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home