Tuesday, July 11, 2006

you two don't have to act so straight...

Saturday night after arriving on the red-eye at 6:30am, spending much of the day at the hospital visiting mom and then taking a long 4 hour nap I was ready to blow off some steam. I decided to have a beer with the peeps, so I stopped into Greensburg's one and only gay bar - don't ask me the name. I'd been there twice before - both times pretty empty. This time I was greeted by a mullet-capped lesbian demanding three dollars. Turns out they were having a drag show - certainly not in Kansas anymore.

After I entered the small main room (maybe 20' x 15') I made my way to the bar and ordered a drink - literally yelling at the twinkish bartender. The crowd or 30 or so people was about 70% lesbian and 29% twink and 1% me and this other middle-aged guy. Luckily, the middle-aged guy found it in him to talk with me just before the start of the drag show - during which I entertained him with my colorful, yet cady comments. After the show that just wouldn't stop (3 performers...over and over and over) we were cornered by a 3rd gentleman that was rather obviously drunk. He took up the better part of the rest of the time but finally left at 1:50am or so. Wanting to get more interaction with the rather handsome stranger I suggested a bite to eat - even though I was completely stuffed, having eaten just before I got to the bar.

So, off to Denny's - a staple in late-night dining. As we were seated the waitress exclaimed, "you two don't have to act so straight." As our eyebrows raised in shock she continued, "we get drunk people in here at 2am all the time." WHEW. We were quite amused.

Two moons over myhammy and wonderful conversation later Michael indicated that his house was just around the corner and wondered if I might not like a nightcap. Well, who am I to refuse such a kind and generous offer from a handsome stranger?

Let's just say I found myself relieved of a lot of stress the next morning. And, I hope to connect again later in the week - starting to get tense all over again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home