Monday, July 03, 2006

rude awakening...

I was awakened at 7am this morning by phone calls - first to the home phone, then to the cell. It was my brother calling unexpectedly. This could only mean bad news. Sure enough.

My mother was being transported to the hospital with an apparent heart attack - that was all the news we had. As my sister was awaking her boyfriend - who is diabetic and was recently told he had a lump in his lung that has a 90% chance of being cancerous - she found him to be in a sugar coma. WOW - not the way I'd hoped to start my day - as I'm sure is true for the rest.

I was more delighted to get the second call from my brother as he reported that it wasn't a heart attack but rather a warning sign for a heart attack. They were however keeping her for further observation and tests. Whew. Crisis averted, or so I thought.

It turns out that "further tests" concluded that it actually was a heart attack, but a mild one. She is now expected to be in the hospital for a while pending further developments or better test results.

My sister's boyfriend was sent home a little shaky, but stable.

Let's hope for a better day tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home