thou shalt not kill...
as I was reading Mark Murford's article this morning regarding hypocrisy in the republican agenda something occurred to me. the now oh-so republican party entwined bible thumpers have always used the bible as their basis for homophobia. the bible that kinda sorta says somewhere that homosexuality is wrong - assuming you interpret them as saying such. but, there is another part of the bible that is perfectly clear, yet, completely overlooked by said thumpers..."thou shall not kill." nothing vague at all about those words. I'm sure a 2nd grader could easily interpret.
if I'm not mistaken, the bible-thumper in chief is directly responsible for killing - even our own people. in his previous position he had the ability to stay executions, but it turns out his state executed more people while he was governor than any other state at the time. in his current role, of course, he's sent our young men and women off to fight a questionably necessary (trying to be generous) war.
this is what I don't understand. they can viciously attach my kind over some vague wording in a book, but completely ignore perfectly clear wording in the very same book when it doesn't meet their needs. the book doesn't say "thou shalt not kill*...*except for those eye-for-an-eye situations or when you need to spread democracy"
this, my friends, is exactly why we need separation of church and state.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home