in the beginning...
I was thinking the other evening about how amazing life is. it seems crazy to me that a billion or so cells have all conspired to make up a human being. all these tiny, tiny little parts combine into us. that's just crazy!!! I can see why they call it "the miracle of human life."
so, you've got all these teensy tiny little cells somehow formed to create a skeleton, skin cells, different organs doing different things and a brain. WOW!!! that seems like a nearly impossible set of circumstances - like winning the lottery 12 times in a row. how can this be?
over the years I've grown to debunk religion. I don't particularly believe that a Christian, Muslim, Jewish or otherwise God created everything. that said, how then? if not by divine intervention did all of these little cells make their way into a human being? it blows the mind!
to be fair, I don't suppose I debunk religion for the idea of a God so much as the evil that organized religion seems to foster. a lot of horrific stuff has occurred in the name of religion - and to be clear - not just to Americans. religion in America spawns hate and violence just as it does in other parts of the globe. so, I suppose a God isn't that far out of the realm of possibility. as human thinking goes, it probably makes a lot of sense. I mean all new things come from either man or mother nature.
one area I can't seem to grasp though is the idea of a beginning. scientist have a pretty rough idea of how old planet earth is. where did it start? from what was it made? you can't build something out of nothing. even if you could build something out of nothing, who would do it? and if someone or something did build earth, where did they come from? clearly the concept of "beginning" is false. clearly there couldn't have ever been vast amounts of nothingness out of which something became. clearly our logic is flawed.
I'm stopping now before my brain explodes.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home