Monday, October 09, 2006

san remote?

so, my urge to own a residence has popped up again. clearly the City isn't an option - short of winning the lottery. I get flyer in the mail probably twice a month from this place in San Ramon so I decided to go check it out on Sunday morning. the trip there was quick - about 30 minutes. granted it was early on a Sunday morning. it's a cute community - actually reminds me of the apartment complex I lived in before I moved to SF. they have a nice clubhouse, a big pool w/hottub, an onsite gym - all inlcuded in the homeowners' fee.

there is a Nob Hill grocery store within walking distance and a Whole Foods just down the street - in the same complex as a big Target. The nearest place to catch BART is Dublin - about a 10 minute drive down the highway. Otherwise the community is mostly an office park, however, they are building a Santana Row-like shopping/living facility within walking distance in the next two years.

the condos themselves are kind of small. I was looking at one bedroom places. they have new stainless steel appliances, new faucets, granite countertops, fireplaces, vaulted ceilings and a deck on which you can have a gas grill. and, they have a washer/dryer hookup in the condo along with covered parking. outside is a park-like setting - lots of trees, plants and grass. a package worth considering, a good first time homeowner's place.

the ride back into the City was long, no quick trip like the way out. traffic at the tunnel and then at the toll plaza. blue angels traffic though. I'm sure it's bad normally though.

do I really want to live in San Remote?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home