Sunday, September 11, 2005

yes, as a matter of fact I do...

this afternoon whilst on a lovely trip to my former homeland, - well, workland - san bruno, the following question was posed to me:

"do you own the road or something?"

this was the second time in two days that a comment was directed at me when I called someone on their poor driving skills. yesterday as I was taking a nice leisurely* walk up toward safeway I reached the intersection of market and laguna. as many pedestrians were crossing a driver kept inching toward the crosswalk as if to imply that he was going to mow them all down. I stepped immediately in front of him and glared. as he passed behind me he exclaimed "asshole!" as I chuckled to myself I thought - well, if I'm an asshole for calling you on your annoying driving, how big of an asshole does that make you?

today's comment came as this lady in her fancy luxury sedan was attempting to take up the entire roadway. not being one to let such things pass I pulled up just far enough to make it difficult for her to maneuver around the turn. this time my response was audible - at least to James - "yes, as a matter of fact I do own the road and you must drive only on your alloted side of it."

this reminds me that we all believe we're the best drivers in the world. anytime you need corrected on this issue, please feel free to give me a call. please drive safely.

*note - another "e" before "i" without the requisite "c"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home