Thursday, June 30, 2005

one of those days...

it's been one of those days today. you know them - the "why the hell did I ever decide to do this for a living?" days. it started with one of my biggest pet peeves - someone pounced on me as I was walking to my desk. can I not take my coat off and sit down and ease into this day??

it was followed by many instances of being pulled into last minute, high priority fire drills. I didn't even get a chance to connect with the people I blew off yesterday due to the same kinda day. yes, two days in a row. and, like clockwork (whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean) these two days happen each and every month. in the nearly 4 months that I've been there they've all been like this.

problem is that these people are all passionate about things I have no passion (or even real interest) in. it's interesting and all - but the heat was really turned up this year after I arrived and the position is nothing like it was for my predecessor. and, there is an off chance that they may disburse the areas under me into the local regions - not that I'm really worried about it.

what have I signed up for???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home