Saturday, September 25, 2004

back in london: will this trip every end...

took the train back to london from rugby late yesterday afternoon
intended to go sooner, but those damn work people are so needy
sorry only here to train you, not your personal help desk

not really - I must say that the team here has treated me very well (except they somehow missed that it was my birthday the other day...but I guess I can't fault them for it.)

so, back in london
got back at about 6:10 - screaming kid sitting behind me kicking the seat...BRAT!
arrived just in time for rush hour to still be in full force...walked a bit until I found a cab

quick sidebar...

must say that I l-o-v-e the cabs in london
why are not all cabs like this?
roomy, door opens opposite direction - just easier to get in and out of overall

sorry, now back to the usual ranting

arrived at hotel and let me tell you I've found zero service in london up to this point
this hotel (the cheapest on Gap's list) bends over backwards to do stuff for me
personal message from the manager, discounts, restaurant is top notch (especially service)
this morning the manager saw that I was out of tea - called me by name and got me more!
not to mention the room is awesome - can't wait to show you the pictures

that said...i'm over it at this point
I just want to go home
last night I had dinner and came back up to the room and started reading a book
no...I haven't finished the Davinci Code yet - but at least we're all in london now

today I did get up early and went to the natural history museam - free admission
then I finally mailed the post cards...YEA!!!
then I went in search of the holy grail - well the temple church at least
took forever to find the entrance and when I finally found it - closed except for services now
must be too many Davinci Codees out there - at least the 6 other people I followed in
oh yes, then I stopped off at the Sherlock Holmes museum...let's not spread that around, okay?

now I'm back at the hotel writing my latest blog
at least I do have connectivity in the room, no more 300 degree internet cafe
unless, of course, I still can't access the homo sights

what's left?
may go shopping - still some souveniers to buy, and maybe some stuff for me
then maybe I'll try to get a single ticket to a show or something??
les mis? mama mia? jerry springer: the opera? something with naked boys?

you'll just have to wait and see...

love to all, miss you all so very much - wanted to be at lucky 12 last night

xoxo,
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home