f'in republicans...
I got an email a few days ago from the right-wing faction of my family...specifically a cousin that I haven't seen since my grandmother's funeral 10 years ago. It started off saying "I'm not sure of the political leanings of the people I'm sending this to..." Normally this is the point where I hit the [delete] button, but for some reason I continued to read. It went on to quote some famous person from the olden days (though not famous enough for me to recall right now) who said that all democracies are doomed to failure. Please note that even I know that the US is not, in fact, a democracy but a republic - the subtle difference that in a democracy literally everyone votes on everything (you can see why they are prone to failure), whereas in a republic the general populous votes for representatives (aka rich, white, hetero men) who then supposedly "represent" the individuals. Strike one.
The email then goes on to compare the people who voted for Gore to those who voted for Shrub in 2000. While I'm fairly certain the statistics are factually inaccurate, they are trying to paint the picture that all the "smart" people voted for Shrub while all the "dumb, unemployed, welfare abusing" rest of us voted for Gore. Strike two.
Those of you who know me know that I'm generally a lover, not a fighter. However, in this case I'm offended by the sweeping generalizations and premise that not everyone's vote is worthy of counting. I'm working on finding a way of making my reply respectful yet wity. It's sure to include the phrase - "you're absolutely right. we should only let rich, white, heterosexual men vote to preserve the "democracy"." As you can see, I'm still working on the respectful part.
Oh yes, and I took the liberty of adding her email address to both www.johnkerry.com and www.dnc.com. Her email box should be filling up quite nicely. Perhaps that will distract her from spewing her right-wing nonsense. If not, I'm sure she'll appreciate the case of Heinz ketchup soon to appear on her doorstep.


1 Comments:
olden days = ago
you're so smart and funny! (and sex-ay. aww yeah!)
xoxo, jared
Post a Comment
<< Home