Monday, July 26, 2004

i was robbed, i tell ya...

James and I decided to play a nice friendly game of Scrabble last night.  To make it interesting we decided to make ourselves less coherent first, if you know what I mean.  Not the easiest game to play in this state, but interesting nonetheless.  The drama started when James laid down his "zo" to make zoo four rows down, starting in the first column.  My eye immediately noticed that but three spaces up in the first column was a "triple word" square.  I soon became flush with excitement when I noticed that I had a "qu" and there were a lot of "i"s left in the bag - that would be 66 points (q=10, u=1, i=1, z=10, total 22 x3 = 66.)  I made my next move solely for the purpose of getting my grubby little hand in that bag.  As fate would have it, I had my "i" on the first draw.  Was it a miracle?  Was it kharma?

Alas, no, it was James making his next move to create the word zone - USING MY F'N "Z" AND PURPOSELY STEALING MY 66 POINTS.  It would have been the Scrabble move of the century thrusting me into the same category as the Jeopardy! guy.  Okay, perhaps I exaggerate a bit.

 

 

2 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger ms. jared said...

that james is a wily one. you gotta watch him every minute!

xoxo, jared

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger ms. jared said...

thanks for blowing me off at happy hour. i thought you and jammer would be sober with me. it was lame and i blame YOU!

happy hour at my house this week...
xoxo, jared

 

Post a Comment

<< Home