Tuesday, August 03, 2004

scrabble is an evil, evil game...

to distract us from eating really bad things the hubby and I have taken on the hobby of playing scrabble. so far we're pretty even in the scoring. the last game, however, I got the chance to make a huge ass of myself. he said, "you gonna blog this game too?" of course I am.

two spaces down from a 'triple word" space I played the word "coy" - hoping to build on it later if I ever got a 'd' and an 'e' which I of course never did. I don't remember how many points that would have been, but it was pretty major. later in the game James played "deal". it took all I had to keep my big mouth shut, but I somehow managed...at least for a play or two when he made another major scoring move. I thought I was nice in pointing out that he would have been even further ahead if he had played the DE on my COY. IDIOT. since the game wasn't over and often times there are many duplicate letters he happened to have a 'd' and a 'blank' in his possession. I was sunk and it was my own fault.

when will I learn to keep my big mouth shut? probably never

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home