random things will bring it all back...
when I returned to work after my father died I was talking to the lady in the office next to mine at work. she asked how I was doing and she shared thoughts from when her father passed. she said it was bizarre - random things would bring it all back for me. a song on the radio. someone who happened to look like him.
nearly a month has passed. just in the past week I've had two such instances. the first caught me completely off guard. I was at my dentist having some work done. as I laid back in the chair with all the gear in my mouth I suddenly flashed back to the last time I saw my dad alive. he was laying there helpless - arms tied to the bed for his own good. giant contraption strapped to his face with tube down his throat. disturbing.
the second was this afternoon at Target of all places. as I was standing at the checkout a couple about my parent's age stood in the next aisle. the man was about my dad's height - otherwise no resemblance. the woman was about the same height as my mom. they were so cute together.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home