Friday, October 08, 2004

time to send her to the home...

got a lovely call from my sister last night
calls like these can only mean one thing - something happened to the parents
keep in mind that my father just turned 82 and my mom is about to be 78
they're up there, so these calls come pretty frequently these days

so they were out to dinner - yep, still driving and everything
my mother went to step up on the curb, missed, lost her balance and fell
she broke the same shoulder that she dislocated last February
I can only imagine how painful that must have been
the only good part was that after 3 hours in the emergency room they still went to dinner

it's a bizarre thing to see your parents in their declining years
I always think of them as being there to catch me should I fall
now I end up worrying about them like they're my kids
I guess it's all just part of the circle of life [insert elton john music here]

a special 'thank you' to the sis who always deals with this firsthand because she's so close by
and a 'hope you feel better soon' to mom...love to all



1 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, Blogger ms. jared said...

aww, poor lady. at least she still knows what's important: dinner! hope she's all fixed up soon.

xoxo, jared

 

Post a Comment

<< Home